– The Audi logo is one of the most recognizable car logos in the world. It consists of four rings intersecting each other. Many people asked themselves about the Audio logo meaning and we are here to tell you that the number four used to stand for the four car makers who created the company.
– This famous German car brand was founded in 1909 by August Horch and has an impressive history. The founder’s last name means “listen" and if translated in Latin, you get “Audi". While the company’s general motto is “Advancement through Technology”, in the more recent years, the motto for the United States was changed to “Truth in Engineering”.
– The famous Volkswagen logo comprises of the company’s initials – a “V" placed over a “W" surrounded by a circle. The current slogan of the company, “Das Auto.", is also placed under the emblem. This is among the most famous car logos and names in the automotive industry.
– This German automobile maker was founded in 1937 by Ferdinand Porsche. The company is headquartered in Wolfsburg, Germany and it’s one of the biggest automakers in the world. The company’s name mean “people’s car" in German. Volkswagen is the biggest car manufacturer in Germany and the second largest car maker in the world.
– The Ford logo is probably one of the most recognizable car logos in the world. The brand’s name is written in a blue oval shape and even if along the years there were many variations of the Ford logos, they all kept approximately the same features.
– This brand has been around for more than 100 years and its name is intimately connected to Henry Ford, a visionary man who shaped history. The Ford Motor Company is one of the biggest car manufacturers in the world. It doesn’t matter if you choose an old model or a new one, Ford is still known as an American symbol and a synonym for quality.
– The Citroen logo consists of two inverted Vs and below it the name of the brand written in red. However, the Citroen car logo is more than the eye can see: the origin of the logo may be traced back to a trip made by founder André Citroën to Poland, where he discovered an innovative design for a chevron-shaped gear used in milling and used as logos for all cars to this date.
– As you probably know, this famous French car brand was founded in 1919 by Andre-Gustave Citroen, but starting with 1976, the company belongs to the French group PSA Peugeot Citroën.
– The Chevrolet logo is one of the most recognizable in the car industry. It comprises of a cross in metallic colors, but actually it is referred to as the Chevrolet bowtie logo. If you are a Chevrolet fan, you must love the Impala, the Camaro, the Corvette or the SS and you know that no matter if a Chevrolet car is old or new, it still stands for class and quality. The logo is quite popular itself, as the Chevrolet logo vector is one of the most researched emblems on the Internet.
– This is a famous car manufacturer owned by General Motors. It is also known as Chevy. What the company is iconic for, besides its cars, is the ad and marketing campaigns it developed along the years, all delivering powerful images and messages.
– The Mercedes Benz logo is one of the most instantly recognizable car emblems in the world. It features the famous three-pointed Silver Star enclosed in a circle. Starting with 1902, the company featured many different logos, but the silver star seems to be the most popular. It is present on all cars, trucks, buses or coaches and it stands for German power and quality.
– Mercedes the oldest car manufacturer in the world. It’s a German brand that makes luxury vehicles and was founded in 1886 and headquartered in Stuttgart. This brand is synonymous with style, class and comfort, no matter if we speak about sports cars or luxury limousines.
– The next company on the list of car logos and names is Skoda. The Skoda logo features a green winged arrow and the brand’s name in a circle. The new logo of Skoda was redesigned in 2011, taking a more elegant and dynamic shape in comparison to the older logos. Skoda Auto belongs to the Volkswagen Group but it has its own share of success, together with a new line of e-car concepts, a new Rapid model manufactured in India and the rejuvenation of previously successful models in 2013.
– Skoda is now a famous Czech car maker headquartered in Mlada Boleslav, Czech Republic and was founded in 1895 under the name Laurin&Klement. What Skoda is appreciated for, among other things, is the affordable price set for its cars and the promoted image of a strong company looking into the future.
– The Suzuki logo comprises of a stylized red “S", the company’s initial, and the full brand name in blue next to it and you will see it on every motorcycle or car that speeds on the boulevard, as Suzuki is known for producing powerful vehicles.
– Suzuki is a world famous Japanese car brand founded in 1909 by Michio Suzuki, headquartered in Hamamatsu, Shizuoka and is well-known for manufacturing automobiles, engines, motorcycles and ATVs. However, it started out as a loom making factory for the textile industry, continued with a bike (or several bikes, as the nostalgic still have a soft spot for the Hayabusa, the GSX or the GSXR motorcycles) and ended up manufacturing cars only in 1961. It is one of the largest automakers in the world with more than 52,800 employees worldwide.
– The Ferrari logo is probably one of the most iconic sports car logos and names of all times. It comprises of an illustration of a horse on a yellow background and the Italian flag on top. However, the Ferrari logo history is a bit more complex than that. The horse is called Cavallino Rampante (“prancing horse”) and is in fact a black prancing stallion chose as logo by Enzo Ferrari back in 1923.
– This super famous Italian sports car manufacturer was founded in 1929 by Enzo Ferrari, had the name of Scuderia Ferrari and the logo has been present on the Ferrari vehicles ever since. The company is currently headquartered in Maranello, Italy. When you see Ferrari logo images you can’t think but F1 races, lots of horse powers and mind-blowing red super-cars.
– The Daewoo logo is a sea-shell like symbol followed by the brand’s name.
– Daewoo is a famous South Korean car company known for manufacturing automobiles. It was founded in 1967 by Kim Woo-jung and in 1999 the company was dismantled by the Korean government. However, the Daewoo cars, all bearing the same logos throughout the years, had plenty of success on the European market. Today, a handful of Daweoo divisions still survive under new owners.
– The current version of the Dodge logo features the company’s name in uppercase characters with a pair of red stripes and it was introduced in 2010, although a famous older emblem for this car company was the Dodge ram logo.The new one was originally used for marketing purposes, but as of 2012, it shows off on all Dodge vehicles. There have been many other Dodge logos before, but the last versions are here to stay.
– This American car company is a subsidiary of Chrysler Group LLC and was established in 1900 by Horace Elgin Dodge and John Francis. Today its official full name is the Dodge Division of Chrysler Corporation.
– The iconic Yamaha logo depicts three tuning forks contained in a circle and stands for a company which was established in 1887. It is one of the most popular car logos and names in the world. The logo of Yamaha is closely related to the company history, in case you wanted to know the Yamaha logo meaning: the corporation’s origins as a musical instrument manufacturer is still reflected today in the group’s logo— the trio of interlocking tuning forks.
– The Japanese manufacturer of musical instruments evolved into a large corporation involved in producing electronics and motors and sports related equipment, and, let’s not forget, motorcycles. The company is headquartered in Hamamatsu, Shizuoka.
– The Kia logo represents the name of the car in red letters enclosed in an oval shape. The Kia Motors logo is quite simple and doesn’t use intricate symbolism, but it is easily recognizable.
– If you’re a car lover, you must know this company, as it’s a famous Korean company headquartered in Seoul, South Korea, founded in 1944 and now owned by Hyundai Motor Group in a 32.8%. However, it is one of the largest car companies in South Korea and in the world.
– The Volvo logo comprises of a circle with a diagonally upwards pointed arrow. There is no difference between the Volvo truck logo and the Volvo car logo, but the company is specialized mostly in the production, distribution and sale of trucks, buses, and construction equipment.
– Volvo is a world famous Swedish car manufacturer, headquartered in Gothenburg, Sweden and founded in 1927. The name of this company is inspired by the Latin word “volvere" which means “to roll". Unfortunately, Volvo sold its car division to Ford in 1999.
– The Chrysler logo consists of the brand’s name inside a pair of wings. The Chrysler logos have changed along the years, with a new one announced in January 2014, together with the full acquirement of the remaining Chrysler group shares by FIAT. Together with this takeover, we will witness not only major changes in the company’s history, but also in the Chrysler logo history.
– The company was founded in 1925 by Walter Chrysler and it’s famous for making luxury cars and we hope it will forever be famous for the same thing many years from now on.
This concludes our list of car logo quiz answers. We hope you find them helpful. For more auto logo quiz answers head on over to levels 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 and 10. You will find everything you need to complete the game in no time. Don’t forget, you should always try to come up with the car symbols and names yourself, and only check the logo quiz cars answers if you get stuck.