– Twitter is one of the first social networks, and the first micro-blogging service. Its logo is a small, blue bird.
– The concept of Twitter is simple: it enables the user to send a 140 character message in real-time. Posts can include short links and images.
– It is an image-based social network, image & video hosting website. The name of the company can also be found written in blue and pink, in the logo.
– It is not only the place where internet users, business people and photographers can share and embed their personal photos, but also used by bloggers who wish to host images that they embed in their blogs or social media profiles.
– It is an online retailer, and one of the most popular multinational online consumer-to-consumer corporations. The company’s logo is exactly as its name.
– On it, people and business people can sell, promote and purchase a plethora of goods and services. This online auction and shopping website can be accessed by anyone, and deliver stuff worldwide.
– Amazon is the go-to shopping place for most Americans and internet users. It is basically a multinational electronic commerce company. Its logo has a simple yellow arrow, underneath the company’s name. It signifies the fact that they have everything from A to Z and also, the customer’s smile.
– Unsurprisingly, it is the world’s largest online retailer which also manufacturers brilliant consumer electronics. A notable mention would be the Kindle e-Book reader. Amazon’s headquarters can be found in the United States, in Seattle, Washington.
– It is the most effective voice-over-Internet protocol service available at the moment. The company’s logo is a turquoise emblem, with the initial in the middle.
– It was originally released back in 2003, by John Szczepanik and Janus Friis, but it was later purchased by Microsoft.
– One of the largest social networks and the largest video-sharing website. It was developed by three former PayPal employees. Its emblem puts on emphasis on “you" – the user, and ends with a red rectangle.
– Although much has changed since its inception, in 2005, YouTube is still used for uploading, viewing and sharing videos.
– The company was founded in December 2002, and released in May 2003. Its logo is extremely simple, and a perfect example of flat web design. It consists of the name, with an emphasis on the last two letters, which are written white-on-blue.
– It is basically a professional social networking website, used mainly by people who wish to promote their careers online.
– It is the largest database of information, created and edited by users only. This collaborative project consists of a humongous multilingual online encyclopedia. Their logo is already infamous: it features a planet made of puzzle pieces with letters of different alphabets.
– With over 22 million articles, 4 million of which hare in English alone, written by volunteers, it has become the go-to source for every internet users in search of information.
– The most popular social networking service in the world. It was released in February 2004. Its logo is strikingly simple: a simple “f" enclosed in a blue square.
– It has approximately 1 billion active users, half of which are also smart-phone users.
– The company was founded in 1983, and is an American global Internet services and media provider. The logo is simple to recognize: it has a blue circle, surrounded by three triangles which, together, result in a larger triangle.
– It was intended as a Control Video Corporation, but has franchised its services to several nations all over the world. Each of them has created international versions of the service.
– It was released in 1999. Since then it has been providing with online streamed media. On February 25, 2007 it announced its billionth DVD delivery.
– The service is available for viewers in South and North America, the Caribbean, and parts of Europe.
– The logo of the online-streaming service provider consists of the name, written on a red background.
– This company has its headquarters in the Haidan District of Beijing. It offers a plethora of services, including, but not limited to Chinese language search engine for websites, images and audio files.
– The company’s logo is very easy to recognize: it features their name in red, and a blue paw in the background.
– It benefits from a collaboratively built encyclopedia (similar to Wikipedia), which can be used with the help of keywords. It was founded 14 years ago by Robin Li and Eric Xu.
– The company’s logo is a red fox, which hugs a blue Earth. Also, the name of this foxy company comes from the nickname of “the red panda".
– It is basically an open source web browser which can be used free of charge. It is available on Mac OS, Linux and Microsoft Windows.
– Developers have been working on for a very long time, and it was released in beta-version on April 1, 2004. The service could be used with invitation only, until February 7, 2007, when the beta-version was made available for the general public.
– It is an advertising-supported email service, very similar to Yahoo, with the key difference that it is supported by Google.
– The logo of the company includes a small, red envelope, which contains the “M" from the company’s name.
– It is the largest, most complex search engine available at present, and more. This American multinational corporation has been providing with software, advertising technologies, tools, internet search and cloud computing for over a decade.
– It supposedly uses over one million servers in data centers around the world to process all the daily requests, and information generated by internet users.
– The logo of the company is impossible to miss. It consists of their name, written in different colors. Their logo also changes on special occasions.
– This service was developed by Microsoft, and was included in their line of operating systems starting with 1995. The world wide web is teeming with jokes on the subject of this web browser’s performance.
– The company’s logo consists of a simple, turquoise “e", hugged by a yellow ring.
– The company’s headquarters can be found in Sunnyvale, California, in the United States. It is also one of the largest websites from the U.S.
– Their logo is basically the name of the company written in a special font, and with an exclamation mark at the end.
– It is one of the oldest, most popular social news websites available. Registered users are free to submit their content under the form of links or texts.
– Members of the community, and other users are already familiar with the funny logo. The little orange-eyed monster.
– It is one of the most cherished web browsers and Internet suites available. The 270 million users are testimony to its capabilities. The service can be used free of charge, on comptuers and mobile-phones.
– The logo of the company is as simple as they get: a red “O".
– The video-sharing website was founded in November 2004 by Jake Lodwick and Zach Klein. It can be used to upload, share and view videos.
– The logo of the company features its name, written in blue font.
– This social networking website was designed with mobile devices, especially smart-phones in mind, because it works with the help of location pointers. The service was developed by Dennis Crowley and Naveen Selvadurai, and released in 2009.
– The logo if this social networking website is its name, encased in turquoise.
– This company will help you find the best discounted gift certificates which can be used at local or national companies. The service has successfully served more than 250 markets from America, Asia and Europe. It also has over 35 million registered users.
– The company’s logo depicts a black coupon, where the name rests.
– It was initially designed as a tool with which musicians can share their recordings with one-another. It later transformed into a full publishing tool, where artists can share their works. Today, it is used for the promotion, collaboration and distribution of audio tracks.
– The audio publishing tool’s logo portrays an orange cloud, partly made from frequency waves, with the name underneath it.
– At the moment it is the most popular CMS (content management system) on the internet. It can basically be used as an open source blogging tool and CMS based on PHP and MySQL.
– The platform’s logo is a fancy “W" written in a blue 3D, shaded emblem.
– Like many other social networks before it, it was designed with the user in mind. It is very similar to Facebook in many regards. The service was developed by Michael and Xochi Birch in January 2005.
– The company’s logo is extremely simple. The first letter is written inside a red circle. The rest of the name is written in black font.
– This service is very different from other social networks. It enables users to create and organize their own social networks. It is particularly cherished by individuals who wish to create specific communities, with their own visual design, choice of features and member data.
– This social network’s bizarre logo consists of its name, written against a gray background, and with a sun-like pictogram.
– It is basically an image viewer and organizer with editing capabilities. It also has an integrated photo-sharing website. The company was acquired by Google in 2004. Since then, the service has been offered for free.
– This software uses a simple and interesting logo. It is the name of the company, and the first letter is hugged by a small, colored, pictogram.
– It is one of the most popular web search engines, developed by Microsoft. The story behind the name is interesting. Apparently, Microsoft’s focus group considered that the name is short, simple, and reminds of the sound made during the moment of discovery or decision making.
– The search engine’s logo has the first letter written in turquoise, and an orange dot on the “i".
– Simply put, it is a music website. It uses a music recommender system (the Audioscrobbler) which gathers data based on your history and profile. This way it can provide with relevant playlists and radio stations.
– The logo stands out easily from the crowd. It features the name of the company, written against a vivid, fuchsia background.
– It is the ultimate tool for note-taking and archiving. People who need to organize themselves better find it invaluable.
– The tool is available in paid and free version. Nevertheless, the free version is very restrictive.
– As far as the logo is concerned, it includes the name of the company, and a small pictogram of an elephant.
The Pirate Bay
– Commonly abbreviated TPB, this website offers magnet links for peer-to-peer file sharing, with the BitTorrent protocol. It is also the most popular directory of its kind on the World Wide Web.
– The company was founded in Sweden in 2003. Its logo features a brown pirate ship, with the name of the company under it.
– It is mysterious hacktivist group. The logo of the organization is a
– Its origins are still blurry. Apparently, it all began in 2003, on the 4chan image-board, and it represents the concept of a community that works as an anarchic, digitized, global brain.
– The organization’s logo has an academic feel to it. It features a man, in a suit, with a question mark instead of a head, who sits against an image of the Earth.
– It is one of the most successful video game developers in the world. The headquarters of the company can be found in New York City. The most popular games developed by them include, but are not limited to Grand Theft Auto, Max Payne, The Warriors, State of Emergency, and Red Read.
– The logo is fairly simple, but impossible to forget. It has the initial of the company, inside an orange square with round edges, and a white star on the bottom-right corner.
– It is an object pascal-based programming language which also has influences from Eiffel, Java, F# and C#. It was developed by RemObject Software for Microsoft’s common language infrastructure, and the Java Platform.
– Its logo is a yellow, green and red donut-shaped pictogram.
– This software was released for the first time in 1996. Since then it has become very popular for its many advantages. For example, it is extremely small, easy to use and fast. It can also handle a plethora of graphic file formats, has image creating and painting capabilities.
– The logo of this shareware image viewer consists of a little, red, ninja-looking monster.
– The service’s logo has an interesting twist to it. Beneath its name, there is a small message which says “write, more".
– It is the place to go when you are movie reviews and ratings. Its online database has all the information you need related to films, television programs, actors, video games, fictional characters and production crews. This website, and RottenTomatoes are the best places to visit if you are looking for entertainment-related information.
– The entertainment website’s logo is a golden movie ticked, on which the name of the company can be found.
– One of the most hilarious entertainment newspapers and website with satirical articles, reports national, local and international stories.
– According to statistics, more than 60% of the website’s visitors are between the age of 18 and 44.
– The logo is a green onion.
– It is a solid video-sharing website which is extremely useful for short entertainment videos. The company’s headquarters can be found in San Francisco, California.
– Yet another example of pictogram accompanying the name of the service is this one. The pictogram, which can be found next to the first letter of the name, is basically a small red star, which lets out orange rays.
– The infamous video games published by Harmonix Music Systems and RedOctane have made rock-star legend. The concept of the game is very simple. You have to use a guitar-shaped controller to simulate the act of playing a guitar, by matching notes and strings.
– The video-game’s logo is the name of the company, written in fancy, rock-star font.
– Simply put, it is a fictional game show with trivia questions. Players compete against each other, and try to get as many correct answers as possible. At the moment, there are 18 available games in the series.
– You will recognize the company’s logo by its 3D orange font and exclamation mark at the end.
– This video-sharing website was released on October 31, 2006. It was founded by the same team who was in charge of the Ogrish.com shock site, and it focuses mainly on reality footage and world events.
– This logo is a bit complicated. You will see a red bar, which is only half-full, where the name rests. On top of the bar you have a small video-recording camera. Also, the “i" in the name has the form of a radio emitter.
– The television platform’s emblem is a fancy-looking, colored triangle.
– This smart TV platform, which integrates Google, Android OS and the Linux version of the Google Browser was developed by Intel, Sony, Logitech and Google. It basically uses an interactive interface to offer television overlay.
– A small television, with 9 colored squares represent the emblem of this company.
– It is the guessing game in which you have to guess hundreds of logos from different companies.
– The game’s logo consists in a collage of other emblems, including McDonald’s, Twitter and Hello Kitty.
– This is one of the most popular strategy puzzle video-games available on the market. It was first released for Apple’s iOS, but it is now available on most smart-phone operating systems. The game was developed by a Finish game developer, called Rovio Entertainment.
– It is impossible to not know this emblem, as it features the bird used in the game. The angry, red bird rests on a white cloud.
– It is the second largest social network at the moment, owned and operated by Google Inc, which enables writers to claim authorship for their works. It was released back in 2011.
– The logo features a square, with smaller, colored ones at the top, and the initials “g+" on the larger, black square.
– It is without a doubt the most complex graphics editing program in the world. Its history begins in 1987, when a PhD Student, Thomas Knoll began writing a program that can display grayscale images on a monochrome display. Later, the program caught the eye of John Knoll, who encouraged Thomas to turn it into a full-fledged editing program.
– The image editing program uses a simple emblem. The initials “P" and “s" are written against a turquoise background.
– In many regards, it is a content curation website with social importance. It enables the user to collect content from different social media websites, and view it under the form of magazine articles. It works on Android and iOS.
– A red, lego-looking square, with the name of the company written underneath it represent the emblem of this social networking website.
– It is used for adding animation, interactivity and video to web-sites. At the moment, it is positioned as a tool for Rich Internet Applications (RIAs).
– The company uses a common logo: a stylized “f" and “tm" sign written against a red square.
– It is the manufacturer of the most advanced eReaders. These devices enable the user to shop online, download and read magazines, newspapers, books, blogs and other forms of written content.
– If you are familiar with Amazon’s logo, you will also recognize this one. It is basically Amazon’s infamous emblem, with an orange “kin" at the end.
Cut the Rope
– It is a smart-phone game, developed by Russian developers ZeptoLab. It is basically a physics-based puzzle game designed for handheld gaming platforms.
– The game’s logo features its protagonist, a small green dragon who tries to eat a piece of candy.
– This social game services provider has its headquarters in San Francisco, California. The company offers games for smart-phones that run on iOS or Android.
– You might recognize this logo after the red guard dog which can be found on the left, next to the company’s name.
– It is one of the most reliable cloud storage solutions and synchronization services provided by Google. All users benefit from 5 gigabytes of storage from the start.
– This logo is very similar to the one of Google’s web-browser. It is a trapeze-shaped ribbon in yellow, green and turquoise, with the name of the company underneath it.
– This project, alongside the Adzaar and Slide, are the three winners of San Francisco’s incubator, MRL Ventures. The service is basically a user review, social networking and search website.
– The company’s logo consists of its name, with 5 red, petal-shaped symbols at the end.