– The Zippo Manufacturing Company is an American company known for producing reusable metal lighters for casual use and even for military purposes.
– Zippo lighters have a eight decades long history and come in thousands models and designs.
– This German brand invented the first glue stick in the world in 1967 and since then, it became successful brand of adhesives, tapes, KidsArt, correction, and fixing products designed and marketed by Henkel.
– The company’s headquarters are in Düsseldorf, Germany.
Chubu Electric Power
– This is a Japanese electric utilities provider which expanded recently into the business of optical fibers.
– The company ranks on the third place as Japan’s largest electric utilities in terms of power generation capacity, electric energy sold, and annual revenue.
– The China United Network Communications Group (in short, China Unicom) is a state – owned telecommunications provider in China.
– In comparison with other mobile providers, this company is ranked the third largest such company in the world.
– China Telecom Corporation Limited is a state – owned telecommunication company.
– According to the statistics, this is the largest fixed line service and 3rd largest mobile telecommunication provider in the People’s Republic of China.
– Alcatel-Lucent is a French global telecommunications equipment company, headquartered in Paris with operations is around 130 countries.
– Alcatel also holds Bell Laboratories, one of the world’s largest research and development facilities in the communications industry, with seven awarded Nobel Prizes.
– The Aiwa Corporation used to be a Japanese company active in the industry of consumers’ electronics, mainly audio and video equipment
– Starting with 2002, Aiwa was purchased by Sony and became a fully – owned division of the former competitor’s company
– Huawei Technologies is the largest telecommunications equipment maker in the world, having overtaken Ericsson in 2012.
– It is a Chinese multinational networking and telecommunications equipment and services company and presently, it serves 45 of the world’s 50 largest telecoms operators.
– BRITA GmbH is a German company founded in 1966 which became one of the largest and most successful companies in portable household water filtration products.
– The company has production facilities in Germany and the U.K and distributes its products in more than 60 countries worldwide
– The simple red and white bullseye logo stands for America’s second-largest discount retailer. However, the bullseye trademark belongs to the owners of the separate Target Australia chain, which is unrelated to Target Corporation.
– Target operates 1,789 stores in the United States and expanded in Canada in 2013.
– NTT Docomo is is the predominant mobile phone operator in Japan.
– Starting with 2008, Docomo began offering for free a service called the “Area Mail Disaster Information Service” which broadcasts Earthquake Early Warning messages produced by the Japan Meteorological Agency to its subscribers with compatible handsets.
– SKF is the largest bearing manufacturer in the world and employs over 44,000 people in around 100 manufacturing sites that span 70 countries.
– It is a Swedish bearing company founded in 1907 and delivers worldwide products belonging to five technology platforms: bearings and units, mechatronics, lubrication systems, services and Seals
– The company’s full name comes from Thomas Nationwide Transport, an honorary reference to Ken Thomas, an Australian businessman who, in 1946, set up his own transport business with just a single truck.
– TNT Express as it is known today is a Netherlands-based courier company with fully owned operations in 63 countries and delivery services spanning across 200 countries.
– Leica is the umbrella name of three companies that manufacture cameras, geosurvey equipment, and microscopes, all originating from the Ernst Leitz GmbH company, founded in 1849.
– All three companies operate in tens of countries worldwide producing specialized optical equipment
– The 3M Company is an American multinational conglomerate corporation founded in 1902 in Minnesota, now delivering over 55,000 products through its base of operations which consists of more than 65 countries including 29 international companies with manufacturing operations and 35 companies with laboratories.
– 3M products are available for purchase in around 196 countries, either from retailers and distributors or via the company’s online store
– One of the most famous scale toy car makers in the world, this is an American brand of toy cars introduced by American toy manufacturer Mattel in 1968.
– In the last years, Many automobile manufacturers have licensed Hot Wheels to make scale models of their cars, allowing the use of original design blueprints.
– This is an American brand product line of batteries and smart power systems manufactured by Procter & Gamble.
– In its history, Duracell is often associated with famous advertising and ads campaigns, as well as the famous mascot, the Duracell Bunny.
– This is one of the oldest multinational companies in the world and represents an Anglo–Dutch multinational consumer goods company co-headquartered in London and Rotterdam.
– It owns over 400 products brands and it delivers its goods in more than 196 countries, being considered the world’s third largest such company in the world by revenue.
– ZTE Corporation is a Chinese multinational company specialized in telecommunications equipment and systems.
– As of 2012, ZTE is the 4th largest mobile phone vendor and the history of the company knows a few controversies related to handset security and surveillance system sales.
– The Bose Corporation is an American privately – owned company that gained success with its audio equipment, often considered high – end and pricey for the average customers.
– The company operates in 8 plants, over 150 retail stores across the U.S. and an automotive subsidiary based in Massachusetts.
– The Dunlop brand is owned by Goodyear Tire and Rubber Company which sells Dunlop brand tires in North America, Australia and Europe, while in other parts of the world, the Dunlop brand is owned by several other companies.
– The original brand dates back to 1985, but now you can have the brand not only on automotive – related products, but also on furniture, footwear and sports equipment.
– This is a technology company based in Japan holding offices in over 40 countries worldwide.
– Its main activity is the manufacture of business and industrial imaging products, optical devices, medical and graphic imaging products and even 3D digitizers.
– This Japanese company is called The Nikon Corporation, but you probably know its high – tech cameras and lenses under the most used name of Nikon.
– It specialized in the production of imaging and optic products and a leader in the industry of professional digital photography.
– The Olympus Corporation is one of the world’s leading companies when it comes to manufacturing optics products, including of medical, surgical, scientific and industrial use.
– The company was subjected to controversy and public shame due to an accounting scandal involving the CEO and the admittance of submitting false financial reports
– This is the brand name of a detergent manufactured by Procter & Gamble, which is known under the names of Alo, Vizir or Ace in other countries.
– The Tide trademark is an easily recognized, distinctive orange-and-yellow bulls-eye and according to consumers’ surveys, it is a trusted and highly – regarded brand in the United States.
– The ABB Group is a Swedish multinational corporation operating in the field of robotics (power and automation areas).
– It is also s one of the largest and most successful engineering companies in the world as well as one of the largest conglomerates in the world, with operations in around 100 countries, over 150,000 employees and billions of dollars in revenue.
– The name of this Luxembourg – based multinational steel manufacturing corporation comes from the merger of former companies Arcelor and Mittal Steel in 2006.
– Not only that ArcelorMittal is the world’s largest steel producer, it is also in the top 100 of the Fortune Global 500 ranking of the world’s biggest corporations.
– Tefal is a French company under the ownership of Groupe SEB, specialized in cookware and small appliance, especially in the non-stick cookware department.
– The name is a combination between Teflon and Aluminum, two major components of the Tefal cookware products.
– This American company, officially known as Wal-Mart Stores Inc. but branded as Walmart is America’s largest retailer, but also the largest retailer in the world, the largest public corporation in the world and (as 2014) and the largest employer in the world.
– Although it met criticism along the years, since its foundation in 1962, Walmart remains one of the most popular retail stores in America.
– Woolmark belongs as a trademark to the Australian company Australian Wool Innovation Limited (AWI).
– The trademark is licensed by AWI to be used by affiliated vendors on their products in order to signal that the products are made of 100% pure new wool, so if you stumble upon the ball of wool logo, you can trust that your sweater respects the highest standards.
– Brembo is an Italian manufacturer specialized in automotive brake systems, especially for high-performance cars and motorcycles and was founded in Bergamo in 1961.
– The company sells over 1,300 products worldwide and its name is associated with BMW, Chrysler, Ferrari, Mercedes-Benz, Nissan, and Porsche, among other automotive companies.
– When you see this German brand’s name in red inside a red oval, you know you are looking at the logo of one of the most popular detergents and adhesives producers in the world.
– Henkle now operates in three major fields: Laundry & Home Care, Beauty Care and Adhesive Technologies for both consumer and industrial purposes.
Johnson & Johnson
– This is a Fortune 500 American multinational company that specialized in medical devices, pharmaceutical and consumer packaged goods manufacturing which was founded in 1886.
– According to reports, on December 31, 2012, the FDA approved Sirturo, a Johnson & Johnson tuberculosis drug that is the first new medicine to fight the infection in more than forty years.
– When you see this brand’s name you can’t help but think about a lot of snacks and goodies, as the Kraft Foods Group is a major American grocery manufacturing and processing conglomerate.
– You should know that what you see here is the old Kraft logo, as the new one kept the red borders, but the name of the company is written in a darker shade of blue and not in caps anymore.
– This is a company called Technicolor SA which provides services and products for the communication, media and entertainment industries, being headquartered in Issy-les-Moulineaux, in the vicinity of Paris, France.
– It operates on a global level in three main areas: Entertainment Services, Digital Delivery and Technology.
– This French multinational integrated oil and gas company is one of the six Supermajor oil and gas companies in the world, with around 96,000 employees and operations in more than 130 countries.
– Besides its oil and gas operations, Total is involved also in renewable energies and nuclear power.
– TVS Motor Company is a part of the TVS Group – an Indian manufacturer of motorcycles, scooters, mopeds and auto rickshaws.
– The company won a lot of awards for its high – tech products and innovative technologies, while it plans to expand its operations in Uganda
– Airbus is synonym with solid, mammoth – sized aircrafts, setting indeed the standards by creating the first commercially viable fly-by-wire airliner and the largest passenger aircraft.
– While it is in a permanent competition with Boeing, Airbus aircrafts not only that bring unimaginable profit to the company, but are also certified for being environmental friendlier.
– Pan American World Airways, better known as Pan Am, was the principal and largest international air carrier in the United States starting with 1927.
– It was declared bankrupt in 1991, but it still is an important part of American history for some record – setting flights, pop – culture references and its peak achievements in the 70’s.
– This is a Brazilian aerospace conglomerate that produces commercial, military, executive and agricultural aircraft and provides aeronautical services, competing with Bombardier for the title of the third largest airplane maker after Airbus and Boeing.
– It is a company that develops fast in the field of very-long-range business jets and passenger aircrafts.
– The post – it notes can be traced back to the 3M company and the year 1974.
– In 1990, 3M’s patent over the Post – Its expired, but in 2003 the company came out with “Post-it Brand Super Sticky Notes”, with a stronger glue that adheres better to vertical and non-smooth surfaces.
– Morgan Stanley is an American multinational financial services corporation founded in 1935 by J.P. Morgan & Co. partners Henry S. Morgan (grandson of J.P. Morgan), Harold Stanley and others.
– Nowadays, the company operates in 42 countries and has more than 1300 offices and 60,000 employees, with recently reported US$1.9 trillion in client assets under management.
– General Electric is an American multinational conglomerate corporation that operates in: Energy [inactive starting with 2013], Technology Infrastructure, Capital Finance as well as Consumer and Industrial products and services.
– It was founded in 1892, one of its fathers being Thomas Edison, among others, and has a history with several major industries, including computing, consumer electronics, oil and gas and even weapons.
– Harrods is the biggest department store in Europe, occupying a 5-acre location with over one million square feet of selling space in over 330 departments. Among these departments, the Christmas Department and the Food Halls are famous worldwide.
– It is located in London and since 2010 it belongs to Qatar Holdings, the sovereign wealth fund of the State of Qatar.
– BASF is a German company and the largest chemical company in the world.
– The BASF Group comprises subsidiaries and joint ventures that span across more than 80 countries and operates six integrated production sites and 390 other production sites in Europe, Asia, Australia, Americas and Africa.
– Agfa is a Belgian company that was known back in the day for being one of the most important consumer film and cameras producers
– Nowadays the multinational corporation develops, manufactures, and distributes analogue and digital imaging products and systems, as well as IT solutions.
– When you see the red V inside the red round insignia, you immediately think about Richard Branson and his Virgin Group, a British multinational branded venture capital conglomerate that deals in a lot of departments such as travel, entertainment and lifestyle financial services, transport, health care, food and drink, media and telecommunications and many others more.
– Today, Virgin’s business comprises around 400 businesses.
– The brand’s name logo consists of the company’s name written in blue letters.
– This is a Japanese company specialized in manufacturing photographic lenses and CCTV security equipment.
– Sigma is a German company founded in 1981
– It specializes in manufacturing and distributing electronic sports equipment such as heart rate monitors, altimeters, and bike computers.
– This is a Japanese company producing photographic lenses, optical components and commercial/industrial-use optics.
– It was founded in 1950 and Sony Corporation maintains an 11% share hold in Tamron.
– Domestos was first produced in 1929 by Wilfred Handley, an industrial chemist from the North East of England, and sold door-to-door by salesmen.
– In 1961, the brand was sold to the Lever Brothers and now it stands for one of the most popular household cleaning products containing bleach and manufactured and sold by Unilever
– RECARO GmbH is a German company founded in 1906 which is best known for manufacturing automobile bucket seats and OEM racing-style seats for mainstream manufacturers.
– While the seating business is now sold to another company, Recaro begins to know success with its line of airliner seats, a deal very much appreciated by Lufthansa, Air France, American Airlines, Quantas and others.
– The Firestone Tire and Rubber Company is an American tire company founded in 1900 and was a pioneer in the mass production of automobiles tires due to the close relationship between the founder and Henry Ford.
– In 1988, the company was sold to the Japanese Bridgestone Corporation.
– This is a tire – making company that has a long history in the industry.
– Nowadays, it is the German division of Goodyear.
– This is a Czech company that started out in 1924 by manufacturing soles for shoes.
– Ten years later it began producing tires and expanded in this direction until present times, when it still manufactures tires as a joint venture with Continental AG.
– Fairline Boats Ltd is a British luxury motor yacht builder which was founded in 1963.
– It is currently owned by Better Capital and RBS and starting with 2012 the line includes sport cruisers too.
– Fujifilm Holdings Corporation, better known as Fujifilm, is a Japanese company specialized in the development, production, sale and servicing of color film, digital cameras, photofinishing equipment, color paper, photofinishing chemicals, medical imaging equipment, graphic arts equipment and materials, flat panel displays, optical devices, photocopiers and printers.
– The company was founded in 1934 and now prides with over 35,000 employees
– Telecom Italia Mobile or in short TIM, is Telecom Italia’s mobile phone brand
– TIM is the default network for T-Mobile and Orange customers entering Italy as part of the FreeMove alliance
– Spar is a Dutch international retail chain and franchise with approximately 12,500 stores in 35 countries worldwide
– It was founded in the Netherlands in 1932 and now is headquartered in Amsterdam, operating through most European countries, parts of Africa, Asia and Oceania.
– Altria Group is one of the world’s largest tobacco corporations and parent of the Phillip Morris USA company
– It is an American multinational corporation that is expanding in the tobacco business with each passing year
– Verizon Communications s an American broadband and telecommunications company that operates on three major fields: wireless, residential and small business services, and enterprise services.
– The company is known for its time resistant, iconic marketing and advertising campaigns.
– This is an American global aerospace, defense, security and advanced technology company that is one of the world’s largest defense contractors, most of its revenue coming from military sales and funding from Pentagon.
– It is specialized in Aeronautics, Information Systems & Global Solutions, Missile and Fire Control, Mission Systems and Training, and Space Systems.
– The Cessna Aircraft Company is an American general aviation aircraft manufacturing corporation that has as core – product a small, piston-powered aircraft.
– Starting with 2014, Cessna became a brand of Textron Aviation and produces also business jets.
– The Sikorsky Aircraft Corporation is an American aircraft manufacturer founded in 1925.
– It is specialized in producing aircraft, helicopters and in the past it manufactured bomber aircraft, naval scout flying-boats and even a turbo – train and an Assault Support Patrol Boat.
– This is an Italian luggage company founded in 1970 by Giovanni Roncato.
– It produces high – quality luggage based on innovative technologies and is present in around 52 countries around the world.
– Cohiba is a brand for two kinds of premium cigars, one produced in Cuba and the other produced in the Dominican Republic for US-based General Cigar Company.
– Starting with 2005, General Cigar Company has exclusive ownership of the Cohiba trademark in the United States.
– Staedtler Mars GmbH & Co. KG is a German company founded in 1835 and specialized in the manufacturing and supplying of writing, artist, and engineering drawing instruments.
– It is a company interested in innovation, hence the multiple awards it has received and holds a lot of other brands in its portfolio.
– You can’t miss the smiling logo no matter where you go, and this is a good thing, because Hasbro is one of the largest toy makers in the world.
– The American multinational company is also the largest the largest producer of board games in the world, being responsible for Monopoly, the best selling board game ever and Magic: The Gathering, Hasbro’s top selling brand.
– The National Railroad Passenger Corporation, better known as Amtrak was founded in 1971 to provide intercity passenger train service in the United States.
– The company’s logo is represented by a railroad symbol that is one of the most recognized logos in the U.S.
– This is an Italian clothing manufacturer that specializes in cycling clothing and prides itself by paying attention to all possible details, making the most dynamic cycling equipment.
– Their logo is well known among pro cyclists as it depicts a white scorpion.
– Pennzoil is an American oil company founded in 1913 and what you see here is the new version of their logo, a variation of other older ones that mainly kept the same features.
– In 2002, the Royal Dutch/Shell Group purchased Pennzoil-Quaker State to form Shell Oil Products US.
– SABMiller is a U.K. – based multinational brewing and beverage company, ranked to be the world’s second-largest brewer measured by revenues and a major bottler for Coca Cola.
– The company has operations in 75 countries that span across Africa, Asia, Australia, Europe, North America and South America.
– Air Wick is an air freshener and it was first introduced in the United States in 1943
– The brand now belongs to British company Reckitt Benkiser and is sold worldwide
– Dunhill cigars can be traced back to Alfred Dunhill, who opened his first tobacco shop in London in 1907
– At some point, the Dunhill cigars were produced by Cubatabaco for Alfred Dunhill, but today the brand belongs to British American Tobacco.
– WD-40 is the trademark name of a lubricant, penetrating oil and water-displacing spray which was first developed in 1953 and intended to repel water and prevent corrosion. Not long after, it was discovered that the Wd40 had many other household functions.
– The producing company, Rocket Chemical Company, extended greatly in the last decades, now selling its products in more than 160 countries.
– Eurocopter Group is now known as the Airbus Helicopters, a global helicopter manufacturing and support company, being the largest in the industry in terms of revenues and turbine helicopter deliveries.
– Starting with 2014, more than 12,000 Airbus Helicopters were in service with over 3,000 customers in around 150 countries.
– Veolia Environnement S.A. is a French transnational company with activities in four main service and utility areas traditionally managed by public authorities – water supply and water management, waste management, energy and transport services.
– Starting with 2011, Veolia renounced to a service – the transport one – in order to balance disappointing financial results.
– A.P. Moller–Maersk Group is a Fortune Global 500 Danish conglomerate active in a lot of business sectors, especially in the energy and transportation areas, with subsidiaries and offices in more than 135 countries worldwide and around 108,000 employees
– Maersk is known to be the largest container ship operator and supply vessel operator in the world.
– KYB Europe GmbH is a German company that prides itself with being the world’s largest supplier of shock absorbers to vehicle manufacturers.
– The company manages to produce over 1 million KYB shock absorbers every week.
– Dulux is an internationally available brand of paint produced by AkzoNobel and was one of the first alkyd-based paints. Starting with 2012, the Dulux brand in the US was sold to PPG Industries.
– Dulux is associated with an iconic logo, the Dulux Dog, usually breed champions Old English Sheepdogs that played an important part in the ad campaigns over the years.
– Dynamotive Energy Systems Corporation is a Canadian renewable energy company that specializes in the production of BioOil.
– One of the major breakthroughs of the company is the creation of a higher energy content renewable fuel
– Stanley Black & Decker company is a Fortune 500 American manufacturer of industrial tools and household hardware and provider of security products and locks.
– Stanley has expanded since the merger with Black & Decker in 2010 in a very wide range of business, including Industrial and Automotive Repair, Mechanical Access Solutions or Engineered Fastening.
– Alfred Kärcher GmbH is a German family – owned company that specialized in high-pressure cleaners and window vacuum cleaners and operates worldwide.
– The company has around 100 subsidiaries in 60 countries and is known for its charitable and cultural involvement, supporting more than 90 projects to clean internationally prominent buildings.
– Orange County Choppers is an American custom and production motorcycle manufacturer based in New York and which was featured on American Chopper, a reality TV show that debuted in September 2002 on the Discovery Channel.
– A famous name in the custom motorcycle manufacturing business, Paul Jr., was Minority owner/chief designer at OCC, but then he became famous with his own company, Paul Jr. Designs.
– Tupperware develops, manufactures, and internationally distributes its products as a wholly owned subsidiary of its parent company Tupperware Brands, being specialized in managing a home products line that includes preparation, storage, containment, and serving products for the kitchen and home.
– Tupperware sells now in about 100 countries worldwide.
– Manfrotto is an Italian worldwide leading brand in the manufacturing of camera and lighting supports, but is is owned by the British company The Vitec Group.
– In July 2012 Manfrotto launched the Manfrotto Imagine More blog, a web resource where to get tips on how to get the best from pictures, learn simple and easy ways to make them better and share them with other people more effectively.
– Hoya Corporation is a Japanese company manufacturing optical products such as photomasks, photomask blanks and glass magnetic-memory disks, contact lenses and eyeglass lenses.
– Hoya Corporation is one of the Forbes Global 2000 Leading Companies and Industry Week 1000 Company.
– The Orange logo is famous all over the world, as it stands for Orange S.A., a French multinational telecommunications corporation. It which currently has 230 million customers worldwide.
– While not a stranger to controversies in some parts of the world, this is one of the most successful telecom companies in the world.
– Carl Zeiss AG is a German manufacturer of optical systems, industrial measurements and medical devices that was founded in 1846, thus becoming one of the oldest optics manufacturers in the world.
– Starting with 2013, according to the plans, the brand changed its name from Carl Zeiss to Zeiss, with all the products being standardized under this name.
– This is a German household and cleaning products company founded by Porkovich Cerdatov Tolomatov.
– Today it represents a brand of household and cleaning products that belongs to Freudenberg Group.
– ThyssenKrupp AG is a German multinational conglomerate corporation that is best known for being one of the world’s largest steel producers, but it provides components and systems for the automotive industry, elevators, escalators, material trading and industrial services through the 670 companies it owns worldwide.
– The ThyssenKrupp logo features a man with a helmet, resembling to a stylized Darth Vader.
– The red and blue logo stands for VARTA AG, a famous German brand of batteries for global automotive, industrial and consumer markets.
– While Varta brand exists now under many other companies, it still manages to sell its products in many parts of the world.