– With headquarters in Tremblay-en-France (North of Paris), this one is arguably the most prestigious airline in the world.
– Formed on 7 October 1993, as a result of a merger between several other airlines, this French flag carrier has grown tremendously. The companies which merged to create Air France include Air Orient, Air Union, CompagnieInternationale de Navigation Atrienne (CIDNA), SociťtťGťnťrale de Transport Aťrien (SGTA) and CompagnieGťnťraleAťropostale.
– This is another reputable airline company, which carries the flag of the Bahrain Kingdom.
– Its headquarters can be found at the Bahrain International Airport, but its planes fly to 41 international destinations and 30 countries from Europe, Asia and Africa.
– You may not be able to put your finger on the name, but you definitely know about this brand, because it owns the largest online community for travellers. The Thorn Tree is a wonderful community which offers guides, tips and advice for over 600.000 travellers.
– It is also the most successful digital media publisher in the world, and the largest travel guide book.
– It is the most important airline flag carrier of Spain, which is headquartered in Madrid.
– Their main airports are Madrid-Barajas and Barcelona El Prat. From here, all the international flights and services are organized.
British Midland International
– This is the logo of a popular airline from the United Kingdom.
– Its headquarters can be found in Castle Donington, in the Donington Hall.
– This is the second most important airline from South Korea, next to Korean Air.
– It is also a member of the Star Alliance. The 85 international passenger routes, 20 cargo routes and 14 domestic routes ensure over 516 daily departures throughout Europe, North America, Asia, Oceania and America.
– As you may have already assumed, it is the largest airline of Canada, and its flag carrier.
– The company was founded back in 1936, and since then it has successfully provided with flight routes, to 178 destinations, for both passengers and cargo.
Air New Zealand
– You’ve guessed it! This is the flag carrier and national airline of New Zealand.
– In 1999 it joined the global airline alliance called the Star Alliance.
– This airline company, with a strange name, is the flag carrier of the Netherlands.
– It has been operating under the same name for a very long time, and it is actually the oldest airline company to do so.
– This is the carrier airline of Belgium, named after its capital city.
– Among its many services it also offers charter ones, training of cockpit and cabin crew and maintenance.
– The most interesting thing about Italy’s national airline and flag carrier is its name. It is a portmanteau (a word resulted from the combination of two other words) resulted from the words “wings" and “Italy".
– This airline company operates several airports in Italy.
– This is the second oldest airline in the world, Australia’s flag carrier.
– In terms of size and prestige, it is number one in Australia. It is also the oldest continuously operated airline around the globe.
– Judging by the number of passengers carrier per year, Russia’s flag carrier is the largest national airline.
– In the past, it ensured the transportation of government officials with the Soviet equivalent of VIP transports and presidential aircrafts.
– The National Airline of Jamaica was formed in October 1968, and started operations in 1969. Since 26 May 2011 it has been owned and serviced by the Caribbean Airlines Limited.
– Its routes connect international locations such as Montego Bay, New York, Kingston and Miami.
– This one used to be a Spanish flag carrier.
– Until recently, it connected Europe, Spain, and occasionally the West of Africa, via its scheduled passenger flights.
– This conglomerate of companies, with headquarters in Frakfurtam Main, Germany, is the largest, and first global airline alliance of its kind in the world.
– It was founded by five of the most prestigious airlines in the world: Scandinavian Airlines, Air Canada, Lufthansa, United Airlines and Thai Airways International. All of the founding airlines are represented on the emblem.
– This is the name of a company that manufactures clocks and watches.
– The most notable horological invention created by this company was the Accutron watch. This watch uses resonating tuning forks to regulate the time and function properly.
– This is the most important airline company in the United Arab Emirates, and the country’s flag carrier.
– In 2009 and 2010 it has received the award for the World’s Leading Airline, by the World Travel Awards.
– This company began as a domestic air taxi service, but gradually grew to become the country’s flag carrier.
– In the past, it used two Canadian-built DHC-6-100 to encourage tourism in the southern and central cities of Sri Lanka.
– The headquarters of Bulgaria’s flag carrier can be found in the Sofia Airport, in the capital city.
– Bulgaria Air operates 22 routes, including two domestic ones: to Varna and Bourgas.
– This is the largest airline of Hawaii and also its flag carrier. You should also know that it is the oldest US carrier with no accidents.
– It is an airline with outstanding records: it has never had a fatal accident since its inception, nor has it had an accident with a full loss.
South African Airways
– The largest, most prestigious airline company and flag carrier of South Africa.
– It is also the official airline for the Association of Tennis Professionals.
– This is the largest airline company in Germany, second only to Lufthansa. It is also the sixth largest airline in the world, in terms of passengers.
– The company is also part of the Oneworld Alliance.
– This company is a subsidiary of the AMR Corporation, and one of the most prestigious U.S. airlines.
– It is very well known for its international and domestic network. Scheduled flights from this company reach the Caribbean, South America, Asia/Pacific, Europe and North America.
– You might already know that thisused to be one of the most important airlines in America.
– The company succumbed to pressures brought on in the aftermath of the 9/11 tragedy.
– This airline offers one of the most extensive networks of international and domestic flights. The only destination it does not reach is Antarctica.
– Its headquarters can be found in Atlanta, George in the United States.
– This logo is property of Budapest Liszt Ferenct International Airport, in Budapest, and it is one of the best budget-friendly airlines in Europe.
– The Hungarian airline uses smaller/secondary airports to ensure reduced fees.
– You might have heard about this airline, if you watch the TV show “Lost"
– As a matter of fact, this company has been featured several times in the media, since the beginning of the 1960s.
– This airline, which is also the flag carrier of the Sultanate of Brunei, has its headquarters in the RBA Plaza in Bandar Seri Begawan.
– Its main airport can be found in the capital city of Brunei, just north of Bandar Seri Begawan.
– Like Air Berlin, this company is also part of the Oneworld airline alliance. It is also the largest airline in Finland, and the country’s flag carrier.
– The company’s base of operation can be found in Vantaa, Finland. Its main hub is Helsinki-Vantaa Airport.