– The Maserati logo consists of a white trident on a blue background which symbolizes Neptune’s trident. Below, there is the tagline “Excellence through passion", in uppercase characters. The trident representing the Maserati car logo is based on the Fountain of Neptune in Bologna and is a symbol for strength and vigor.
– This company is an Italian luxury car maker headquartered in Modena, Italy. It was founded by the Maserati brothers in 1914 and as of 2011 this car company has had a revenue of €588 million. Maserati is a part of a of the sports cars group including Alfa Romeo inside Fiat Group.
– The Opel logo consists of the brand name in a circle crossed by a horizontal lightning. Sometimes, people mistake it for the letter Z, but in truth, the Opel car logo is indeed a stylized lightning emblem, inspired from the commercial success of the Opel Blitz. The first logo contained the letters A and O – the initials of the company’s founder. In 1987, the logo was simplified. They reduced the logo to the stylized lightning and the ring.
– This famous German car company was founded by Adam Opel in 1862 and became a subsidiary of General Motors in 1931 but it still prides with being the cheapest German car. If you happen to drive a Corsa or an Astra, you know what we mean. The brand is called Vauxhall in the UK.
– The Iveco logo consists of the brand’s name in blue letters on a white background.
– This is an Italian industrial vehicle and bus manufacturer based in Turin, Italy. It was founded in 1975 and is famous for building commercial vehicles, city and intercity buses and firefighting vehicles. Their market expanded in the last years, especially in Eastern Europe. Its production plants are in Europe, China, Russia, Australia, Africa, Argentina and Brazil, and it has approximately 5,000 sales and assistance points in over 160 countries.
– The Kenworth logo consists of the car’s initials inside a white and red ribbon.
– This is an American manufacturer of heavy-duty and medium Class 8 trucks. The company was founded in 1923 and is based in Kirkland, Washington. It is now a subsidiary of PACCAR, but they want to acquire the market in Asia and Europe. USA division is selling 80% of the total growth. The bus and truck industry have an important part in the company’s history.
– The Daimler Chrysler logo features the name of the company.
– This was an independent British company known for manufacturing motor vehicles. It was founded in London in 1896 by H J Lawson and its manufacturing base was in Coventry. Many people think of them as part of Mercedes Group, which is incorrect. Actually a German company bought their name in 20 century. By unit sales, it is the thirteenth-largest car manufacturer and second-largest truck manufacturer in the world.
– The Corvette logo features two stylized crossed flags; one of the flags is a checkered finish line flag.
– This is a famous sports car owned by Chevrolet division of General Motors. The first model was a convertible and was designed by Harley Earl. It was introduced in 1953 at a show car. This super car is now manufactured in Bowling Green, Kentucky and has been produced in seven generations. It is one of the American top muscle cars. It is convertible or coupe and we see it on the roads since 1953. If you hear a 2014 Corvette Stingray approaching fast, take a good look at its back, as it is the only thing you will actually see 🙂
– The Chery logo consists of the initial “A" inside a silver oval shape.
– This is a Chinese car manufacturer headquartered in Wuhu, Anhui, China. The company was founded in 1997 and is currently owned by the state. This brand’s main products are cars, minivans and SUVs and they are one of the most important exporters in China.
– This is one of the car logos and names that you might not have heard of. The Peterbilt logo features the brand’s name inside an oval shape.
– This is an American car manufacturer founded in 1939. The company makes medium and heavy-duty Class 5 trucks. It is now based in Denton, Texas and they make some of the most powerful trucks in the US. There are used frequently for loads over 13 tones.
– The Fiat logo belongs to a world-famous Italian automaker headquartered in Turin. The company (whose full name is Fabbrica Italiana Automobili Torino) was founded in 1899 by a group of investors, one of them being Giovanni Agnelli. The first model of this car ever created was the model 4 HP. At the moment, this brand is the ninth largest car maker in the world and number one in Italy.
– Fiat owns other brands like Maserati and Lancia and recently acquired an Eastern Europe brand. Fiat is a very affordable car with a low maintenance cost.
– This is a famous Italian automobile manufacturer founded in 1906 by Vincenzo Lancia. It became a part of Fiat Group in 1969. This brand is known for using letters of the Greek alphabet for naming its car models. The Lancia logo is quite elegant, a blue insignia with silver adornments and the name of the company inside.
– You won’t see many Lancia logos in the streets anymore outside Italy, as of 2014, the company announced it will cease to exist for the rest of the world, only Italy will benefit from Lancia models.
– The TATA logo features a stylized letter T inside a blue oval figure and we are talking about the Tata Motors logo, the Tata Group division concerned with the automotive industry.
– This is an Indian multinational car company, a subsidiary of TATA group. The company makes passenger cars, vans, trucks, buses and military vehicles. It was founded in 1945 and is now headquartered in Mumbai, Maharashtra, being one of the largest conglomerates in India by market capitalization and revenue. It is owed by Tata Family, one of the richest family in India. Tata Group has over 100 operating companies with each of them operating independently, some of the major businesses being Tata Steel, Tata Motors, Tata Consultancy Services and a whole lot more.
– The Isuzu logo features the company’s name in red letters. The Isuzu car logo also consists of a symbol consisting in two vertical pillars, symbolizing a new beginning, and was created to mark the collaboration with GM.
– This is a Japanese manufacturer of cars, commercial vehicles, heavy trucks and diesel engines. The company was founded in 1916 by Tokyo Gas Company and is based in Tokyo. The diesel engines produced by this company are used by General Motors and Renault-Nissan Alliance. Initially called Tokyo Gas Company, Isuzu has now 3 factories in Japan only. GM bought 34% of their shares.
– The Jeep logo consists of the company name on a khaki background and is famous all over the world. The Jeep logos didn’t change much throughout history, but the name Jeep became a registered trademark and a generic trademark as well, being used to describe Jeep – inspired vehicles.
– This is a famous American car brand owned by Chrysler Group. It’s known as the oldest manufacturer of SUVs and off-road vehicles. The company was founded in 1941 and is based in Toledo, Ohio. It is very well-known because of use in military missions. Also is very present in Hollywood movies. It was a symbol for young rebels from south of Miami.
– This is a Japanese company whose most visible consumer product lines are its motorcycles and all-terrain vehicles, although the company and its subsidiaries also manufacture personal water craft, ships, industrial plants, tractors, trains, small engines, and aerospace equipment (including military aircraft). The headquarters are in Minato, Tokyo and Chuo-ku, Kobe. The company was founded in 1896 and it was originally a shipbuilding company.
– The Kawasaki logo is usually represented by the company’s name in red letters, although you can recognize the brand after the bold red initial K.
– The Lexus logo comprises of the initial “L" encircled by an oval in a steel gray finish. The logo Lexus uses these days can be traced back to 1988 and Toyota claims it was rendered using a precise mathematical formula. It is one of the most popular car logos and names in the industry.
– This is a luxury vehicle division of the Japanese car giant Toyota Motor Corporation. It was introduced in the US and Canada in 1989 and is currently the biggest selling luxury car brand in America and Japan. This car brand is sold in over 70 countries worldwide. They are more present in the US due to the gas engines. Europeans are more into diesel engines, therefore Mercedes and BMW have the top sales there.
– The Mitsubishi logo features three united red rhombuses or diamonds and reflects the name of the company itself.
– This is a famous Japanese corporation based in Tokyo known for operating in various sectors such as automobiles, heavy industries, banks, chemicals and electrical. The company was founded in 1870 by Yataro Iwasaki. The multinational conglomerate consists in a range of autonomous businesses which share the brand, trademark and legacy. Mitsubishi Motors is the sixth-largest Japan-based auto manufacturer and the Mitsubishi Motors logo can be seen on successful cars models such as the Galant, Evolution, Evo, Outlander and Eclipse.
This wraps up level two of our car logo quiz answers page. We hope that these hints have helped you complete the level. Don’t forget, if you have problems with other levels, or if you cannot guess car logos and names, you can always check our pages. Also, if you want to request help with other games, feel free to drop us a line. Car logo quiz is only one of the many games that we have tried to crack. If you have a question about the automotive industry we will come up with the answer!