Apple of my Eye
– The first entry on our emoji game answers list consists of an apple and a pair of eyes. This is not some apple species, but an idiom, so count the number of emoji words and letters carefully.
– This expression means “something that you hold very dear". It is used when you want to emphasize the fact that you cherish somebody or something very much. The expression’s origins date back to the Bible itself.
– Here we have a fun emoji you might want to keep for further references and conversations. You have three groups of two people and a fire among them. What do you call the fire around which many people gather?
– While the etymology of the word has a grim tone (fire used to burn bones), modern times love bonfires, as they are used in camping trips and all sorts of outdoor celebrations.
– This is one emoji people need an emoji cheat sheet on the side, because as funny as it may be, it is equally vague. You have a mouth, a microphone with music notes, a couple and a chat bubble. This emoji meaning lies somewhere along the lines of “love songs", but you need to take a large leap between this and Katy Perry.
– This American singer became known with her hit “I Kissed a Girl" in 2008. Since then, she became one of the best selling female artists of all times.
Four Leaf Clover
– How do you “emoji" a four leaf clover without using the actual four leaf clover icon? You complicate things by adding number four, two leaves and the clover itself, to confuse the player.
– This innocent plant is almost universally known as a symbol for good luck, especially if you find it by accident.
– Subtle, but not impossible to guess, this emoji displays a crown and the Chinese flag. You have to fill in the blanks with only one word, so it’s not a name… What is it?
– We told you this is a subtle one. If we are talking about the “emperor" as a sovereign of an empire, a monarch, the only such modern reigning monarch whose title is translated as “Emperor" in English is the Emperor of Japan. However, we have the Chinese flag in the picture, so the meaning is related to China somehow. Imperial China lasted until 1912, and today the country is organized as a republic. Another correlation between the term “emperor" and China might be found in the name “The Emperor of China", which is a submarine volcano in Indonesia.
– Here we have two emoji words represented by three images: a turtle, stars shining and a car. Car lovers may figure out in a jiffy what this is all about, but for the others, think about something that has to do with turtles making cars shine…
– This is an American company, not some weird turtle by – product. Turtle Wax manufactures automotive appearance – centered products, especially cleaning and polishing products.
– Perhaps this emoji meaning also needs an emoji cheat sheet, as we can recognize both the rabbit and the grinning emoticon, but how should we interpret this association in only one word?
– Well, Bucktooth is a modern server for the Gopher Protocol, or Gopher Internet (the predecessor of the World Wide Web). In this context, shouldn’t we have had the gopher icon in the emoji picture?
Three Wise Monkeys
– We’ve seen the three wise monkeys before, at least separately, in different combinations. The three wise monkeys are symbolic for the phrase “See no evil, hear no evil, speak no evil."
– The three mystic apes (as they are sometimes called) are of Japanese origin. The meaning of the proverb is quite contested. The traditional Buddhist approach sees the proverb as an encouragement for people to not engage in anything evil. On the opposite side, the Western approach sees this proverb as an encouragement for people to be ignorant and turn a blind eye to anything evil. The westerners went so far as considering this expression as a code of silence of gangs and organized crime groups.
– This emoji meaning is pretty easy to guess, as long as you read it like you see it: ant – hill. We know the hill picture can also be used to suggest “mountain", but in this case, the number of letters makes the difference.
– The ant – hill is the surface sign that tells you that you have an ant colony underground. These piles of earth, clay and other materials can reach the height of a 5 – year old child, if not more!
White House Down
– The last emoji meaning to guess on this level is not one to make you happy. The picture displays a white circle for “white", a house and a downwards arrow for “down."
– This is an action movie in the genre of political thrillers which deals with a terrorist attack unleashed upon the White House.
Admit it, this level was a bit tricky and it had a bunch of interesting emojis with interesting concepts! We hope you enjoyed our Guess the Emoji Level 78 answers and that you learnt a bunch of new emoji meanings and new information!