Missed the Bus
– This emoji meaning is very useful for your everyday life, as the concept it conveys is pretty common to the most of us. The image shows a bus, a steam cloud behind it, a boy running after the bus and a crying emoticon.
– “I missed the bus" is a reasonable excuse for being late to an appointment, but you can also find this exact expression as a title of a song by Kriss Kross – American hip-hop duo.
Pin Up Girl
– We had the simpler version of this emoji – and of this emoji meaning – on an earlier level. This image shows a pin, an arrow going upwards and the dancer emoji. You can almost literally read this emoji as pin-up-girl.
– A pin –up girl is a fashion model, a celebrity, a female artist whose photos are so popular, they turned into posters. “Pin Up Girl" is also the title of a 1944 movie starring Betty Grable.
– This emoji is built with the help of two tomatoes and a an arrow pointing in opposite directions on a horizontal plane.
– Now this term has multiple meanings, depending on what you read and who you trust. First, it is a reference to the song “Let’s Call the Whole Thing Off” written by George Gershwin and performed by Fred Astaire and Ginger Rogers in the movie “Shall We Dance." It is also the name of an American pizza restaurant, and an American local food market involved in Multi-Farm Community Supported Agriculture.
Wake Up Call
– This is an interesting emoji and the meaning is used enough to have its place in common conversations. The image shows a sun rising above mountains, an upwards arrow, and a phone handle. Associate mornings with phone calls and see what you get…
– You can receive a literal wake up call from the hotel’s reception in the morning, by request, or you can receive a metaphorically wake up call – a sign or a warning that your current actions or situation will eventually lead to negative outcomes.
Beauty and the Beast
– There are three emoji icons for four emoji words and we’re really wondering what Jeanne-Marie Leprince de Beaumont would have to say upon seeing this emoji conveying her beautiful fairytale title. The image shows a princess or a queen, the plus sign and what it seems to be a wild boar. Girls and pigs… not the happiest association for a happy – ending love story if you ask us…
– This is a French fairytale written by the above mentioned novelist in 1756. You probably know best the Disney version of the tale.
Back Seat Driver
– This emoji meaning is easy to guess with a small leap and finding alternate meanings for the icons in the image. You have the word “back" written below a black arrow, a chair and a car. As we said, with a short leap and some synonyms you can find the emoji words back-seat-driver.
– The backseat drivers are usually our family members, those friends without driving licenses and all people who stay in the back of the car but can’t refrain from commenting and offering advice to the driver. Needless to say, they are annoying beyond reason.
– Now this emoji is a fun one and the ladies should keep it for further purposes. The image shows an umbrella we know it usually stands for “rain" and two men – which you can read as they are: “men."
– This is a famous song covered by many artists throughout the years, and today it is a musical icon and anthem for females.
House of Cards
– This emoji picture may become as famous as the TV series it stands for. The image shows a house, an arrow oriented to the right and two credit cards.
– Besides the obvious meaning – castle made of playing cards – this term is strongly associated with the successful TV show “House of Cards" starring awesome Kevin Spacey.
City of God
– This emoji meaning may be also related to the movie industry. The image features the icon of a city at night and the icon of two hands in prayer. City of praying doesn’t fit the game’s requests, but City of God does.
– This is a term which can refer to many things, but perhaps the most powerful reference is the movie “City of God" (Cidade de Deus). Anyway, the term is found in literature, cinema, gaming and even some specific locations.
– The last entry on our emoji game answers list is the “One Up" emoji, an image which speaks for itself, as you can read it as it is.
– This is a term used in gaming and especially in console gaming. A 1-Up is an item giving the player an extra life.
The Guess the Emoji Level 101 answers revolved around many every day – use concepts and idioms, as well as around cinema – related terms and titles. Now that you had fun with all these, let’s move on to the next level, as many surprises lie ahead!